Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Recipe - Broiled Salmon with Crispy Shallot

Thank goodness interview season is over! Don't get me wrong, I loved flying around the country seeing programs and meeting people, and who can complain about being wined and dined? But towards the end of "the trail" I was ready to sit back and enjoy the deluge of east coast snowstorms. This recipe has come to mind repeatedly since an especially delicious interview dinner. I wonder what it says about me that I fantasize about recipes...

Ingredients:
2 salmon filets
4 small shallots
Butter
Salt & Pepper
Rice pilaf
Asparagus


1. Turn on the broiler and let it preheat. Wrap a shallow pan in tinfoil and arrange the salmon fillets so they aren't too close to each other.



2. Season liberally with salt and pepper and top with generous slices of butter.


caveat - I put shallots under the slices of butter before broiling the salmon. Unfortunately the shallots burned and I had to take them off and replace them with fresh ones, hence the recipe change.


3. Place in the broiler for about 8 minutes. At this time arrange slices of shallot on top of each fillet, then place back under the broiler. You may either use fresh slices of shallot or sautee the shallot quickly in butter before arranging on the salmon.


4. Remove fillets when the fish is crispy and cooked through. Serve with pilaf and veggie of choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment